How hot is your inverter!

I have a GIV-HY5.0 gen 2 and 9.5 Battery.

• Today my battery reached a temperature of 33c and the inverter reached 56.7c at 10am this morning. The battery discharged fully between 10:00hrs and 18:00hrs only starting this evening. it is in a cupboard inside the house and i have had the system since 2022 without issue.

• I suspect that the only thing that has changed is the additional activity created by being on Intelligent Flux Export means the system has little time to cool and the cumulative effect is the issue. Would this be a reasonable assumption ?

Your 100% right - itā€™s just getting HOT as itā€™s doing actual work :slight_smile: - and if you have seen these temps since 2022 and your not having issues or concerns thats cool.

But for me I like to keep things cool - batteries like the warmth and inverters like the coolā€¦ - but if you put a few fans on it - how hot does it get then ?

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 3.6 gen2 inverter and 2x5.2 batteries. Last summer the inverter temp was regularly exceeding 55deg. It is installed in a loft on the south facing wall. This year I have installed 4x 92mm fans on the top of the inverter to pull air up through the cooling fins, and a blower below the inverter to provide forced air through the cooling fins. Ive connected these fans to a temperature switch where the sensor is located around 50mm below the top of the inverter, between cooling fins and with a small baffle below it so it doesnā€™t get triggered by the forced air flow. Iā€™ve set the switch to cut in when the sensor records 32deg and switch off at 25deg. These temperatures donā€™t reflect internal inverter temp. Iā€™ve just settled on them through trial and error. I have compared my internal inverter temp this year with the same dates last year and overall I am getting around a 10 deg reduction in internal inverter temp. I recognise that it is difficult to be very accurate with this analysis unless I have an identical un force cooled set up in the same location but I am confident that my action has delivered a positive result for the expenditure.

1 Like