50000kWh per year

Hello everyone, I have a customer that uses 50000kWh of electricity on average per year, and he is only interested in GivEnergy, so my question is what is the best option can be for my client? As I understand the best option right now is 5kW inverter and 2 x 9.5kWh batteries, so is there an option I can offer him lets say 3 x 5kW inverters with 6 x 9.5kWh batteries each inverter having 2 batteries?
He understands that he will not be completely of the grid, but he would like to lower the electricity bill as much as possible, his main aim is to charge over night the batteries to use it during the day, as the most electricity is being used in his indoor pool heating. Any help or advise is appreciated.

1 Like

When I was researching I got in touch with Givenergy Tech support and they were really helpful. That would be my first port of call given that your customer has specified Givenergy kit.

Multi inverters will need control, the EMS we are trialing is for AC Coupled. The one for upto 4 Hybrids is coming late summer

If this customer is into HomeAssistant, or wants to be part of developing these larger systems, we can look at it as a beta trial.

With a system this big, is he 3ph? As we have some larger 3phase kits coming soon, the 11kw 20kWh stackable is coming soon

2 Likes

That will be much appreciated👍
I circa 10kW of solar supplying 3 x 9.5kW batteries on a 5kW hybrid inverter but, as you’ll know, it’s only 3.5kW when not supported by solar.
I also have a legacy solar FiT array of 4kW with a 10yo 3.6kW Afore inverter.
I’d like to replace the Afore inverter with another GE hybrid inverter, add a 9.5kW battery and move one of the 3 x 9.5kW batteries across so that each inverter has 19kW of storage and I have circa 7kW battery output overnight.
I’ll need an app that manages 2 inverters for this and I’m desperate for it to happen as 3x 9.5 batteries together doesn’t work very well at all as the charge rate plummets when they hit 90% full.