AC charge schedule when above SOC limit

Hey everyone,

Last night for the first time I had the AC charge schedule for my AIO have an upper SOC % limit above what the battery had left in it at the start of the schedule.
AC Charge SOC limit of 31%, but 36% left in the battery.

I had expected the battery to continue supplying the load throughout the AC charge schedule, until the battery reached the SOC limit, at which point it would “start charging” holding the SOC until the end of the schedule.
However, it remained at 36% throughout the period of the charge schedule, with the load running off the grid.

Can I make an AIO only “charge” when above the SOC limit, regardless of the timed schedule?
Perhaps I need some sort of discharge schedule, to discharge to the same SOC % as the AC charge schedule? I’m not sure if that would dump the energy to the grid though, rather than only to supplying the load.

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

I have seen a similar issue on discharge (& have seen this mentioned in other posts on charge an discharge)…
…when discharge is scheduled and I hit the lower SOC %limit then the it goes into a ‘battery disabled mode’. At the end of the discharge period it returns to ECO mode.

My system is a Hybrid, generation 3 inverter and 9.5kWh battery, but this sounds like the same issue.

Mine was installed in March and I spend a week or two experimenting, speaking with the GivEnergy helpdesk and reading any documentation that I could find (& I couldn’t find much).

I have had informal communication from GivEnergy that the battery disabled mode is a known firmware issue and I am hoping that it will be fixed…

It would be good to hear formally from GivEnergy when they expect this to be fixed.

Good luck and I would be interested to hear results of any more experiments that you run (or if you can find any relevant documentation)

Dave

Regarding discharge schedules the android app was updated in the last 2 weeks or so. It now allows you to add a timed discharge schedule and specifically says this is for discharging to the home. There is now also a separate section for a timed export.
I think timed discharge however leaves you running from the grid until the discharge schedule, which isn’t what I want.

To achieve what I want however I now have “AC Charge 1 Upper SOC % Limit” (my charge schedule upper limit) fixed at 100% and am changing “AC Charge Upper % Limit” to the amount I want at the end of the charge schedule and setting “Enable AC Charge Upper % Limit” to true, then at the end of the charge schedule I’m returning “AC Charge Upper % Limit” to 100% and setting “Enable AC Charge Upper % Limit” to false. Not sure if you can just leave “Enable AC Charge Upper % Limit” as true all the time, the web based inverter control disables it when the limit is 100% and enables is at any other value, so I’m doing the same.
The changing API settings are 77 and 17 respectively.

With this the battery continues to support the house throughout the charge schedule until it drops to the charge limit, or the battery charges up to the charge limit during the schedule, and the house remains supported by the grid for the remainder of the charge schedule.
Yesterday this worked well. I ended Wednesday at 56%, wanted 34% after the charge schedule on Thursday, and the house ran from the battery until about 04:30 when the system held that for the last hour of the charge schedule running from the grid.