AC3 + 2x8.2 - Should I upgrade from D0.289-A0.289 and 3012?

I’m reading on Facebook that D0.205-A0.205 for the inverter and 3015 for the batteries is now available.

The portal is showing an “Upgrade Firmware” button. Would that kick off the update for both the inverter and batteries?

(I need to reconfigure the zappi so it temporarily would divert the battery discharge to the EV, currently it ignores battery export based on a CT.)

I’d look at what version of firmware your are on - and see what has been fixed in the newer versions or what is NEW.

I am a big fan of if it’s not broke don’t fix it…

But if you are going to do it, especially the battery firmware I am 99% sure it does a full discharge of your batteries first and then a full charge ( from either Solar or Grid )

So do it early in the morning when your batteries are normally low ( unless you charge from mains at night ) - that way most of the charging will be done from the Solar array.

I’d personally don’t mind dumping to grid compared to paying to charge the batteries

But only do the firmware stuff if you really need it.

Thank you.
I think I have one of the beta versions. Hopefully it’s possible to find out somewhere how they compare to the release versions and, as you suggest, I can consider whether it’s worth doing the upgrade (yet).

Decided to press the button in the GE portal.
It has updated firmware to 204 and the batteries to 3015.
Prompted again… now on 205. :+1::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Awesome. Glad the portal is working for you. I was just about to look at this

1 Like

Might it be somewhat problematic for customers that have weaker local WiFi connection for their inverter? Although, I’m assuming the portal is just a web front end and the communication with the inverter is made via a backend server/API.