AIO and Hybrid

Hi,

We have a client that wants a GE Hybrid inverter with a GivEnergy AIO. The Hybrid would be treated as a standard PV inverter and the AIO a standard AC Coupled. Would these two be able to be commissioned together?

I can’t say forsure, but I know you can not have a hybrid and AC3 on the same site. Can’t view both on the dashboard. The problem is management. But no reason to have a hybrid with no battery, might as well use any other inverter.

We’ve installed a system like this. The AIO, GW and hybrid need a separate account each. When the hybrid was commissioned I set it with no meter or battery in the hardware, but in the checklist there were warnings for meter comms and battery voltage etc. It isn’t very slick. I would advise against using a hybrid as a string inverter, it’s about £700 extra just so all the equipment has the same logos on them.

1 Like

@martin.phipp or @TheDragon_Giv are you able to confirm this? I did speak to someone on the phone, and they just said not to complete the commission, but that doesn’t sound right?