AIO - not picking up house load during power cut

Hi !
Had a power cut to the area this morning for about 5 mins (around 8:15 am). AIO didn’t pick up the house load.
Battery was almost full and Solar was generating a small amount. House load more than the Solar was generating.
EPS switched on in portal.
Am on Intelligent Octopus Flux, so not able to turn on ECO mode.
Battery charges overnight and discharges at peak export when Octopus sets schedule.
Current Inverter version is D0.611-A0.611 and Battery Firmware 9
Gateway Inverter version is A0.005
Have just seen there is a software update, so am going to apply that.

Thoughts ?

Yeah, sounds like the AIO needs eco to be on during a power cut.

Having eco off is an unusual way of working in GivEnergy’s eyes, although I get that IOF does things quite differently.

Hopefully you can turn eco back on when you notice a power cut, but I guess Octopus might turn it off again within a few minutes or hours if lucky.

If you’ve got home assistant running you might be able to do something with that - e.g. monitor the grid voltage from the CT clamp and if it goes to zero, automatically turn on eco.

Does it really need ECO mode to be on ?

I have a Gen3 inverter and my EPS is manual ( just flip a switch ) and was thinking of adding an AIO for the automatic failover - but I am going to the same tarriff so won’t bother now !!!

Thing is AIO is different.

All the other kit has an EPS circuit. EPS is always live whether on grid or not. It may take 60 seconds to come on if eco was off.

The AIO is whole house backup. It may not have been designed with the thought that eco could be off at the time of the power cut. Additionally the gateway handles the power switch over, the AIO handles the discharge state I assume.

The household load is measured using the ID1 Grid meter, so in normal working conditions you see the load data from the meter. This ID1 meter is supplied from the grid side of the gateway. So when there is loss of grid the ID1 meter will also loose its supply so you won’t have and load information.

@martin.phipp

Is there any solution for this for those of us who are on IOF ?
Should the AIO EPS kick in even if Eco isn’t switched on due to the IOF settings ?

During a loss of grid the AIO should automatically provide power to the house as long as the EPS is enabled. During a power outage any IOF settings will not be actioned as it will require the grid to be on. Once power has returned then any settings IOF have done will then be actioned

@martin.phipp

Thanks for the clarification.

Two power cuts over the last couple of weeks and it hasn’t picked them up.

Worth me logging it with the support team ?

Yes. Speak with tech support and they can check the settings on the system to ensure they are correct