AIO often going offline

Hi,

I’ve had an All In One for a couple of weeks, and its data connection often goes offline. It’s connected by Ethernet and the rest of the network works fine. I can see the AIO as connected via my router’s app, but I can neither connect to the AIO by the app or directly by home assistant. A hard reset seems to take it back online.

Battery works fine while offline, just can’t see data or change settings.

This seems like a software issue with the AIO. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions for resolving the issue?

Thanks!

I installed one that had the same problem, we were told by support that there was a known fault with the LAN interface and we should switch it to WiFi. It’s been fine since. If you’re technical, the systems use port 7654 for communication so add a rule for that to your firewall. I’ve told by customers in IT that it won’t make any difference, but it often does.

@TheDragon_Giv any news on the update for the AIO LAN interface?

Thanks @DMGN. I was having the same problem with wifi, which is why I switched to LAN, but I had not played with the port number - I’ll read up about this.

Given that Wi-Fi was largely working, do you think I need to do anything with the firewall?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul, I’ve located your AIO, the Dongle firmware was the very 1st original, i’ve updated to the latest

Excellent, thank you!

1 Like

I initially had problems using wifi as it kept on disconnecting from the router. I found that the wifi was 2.4GHz, while the router supported both 5GHz and 2.4GHZ and the wifi was not very good a negotiating with the router. So I changed to a Raspberry Pi which used a 2.4GHz wifi connection and connected to the router. This works much better but has occasional problems.

I purchased a repeater for the router and set its 5GHz and 2.4GHz to have different connection names. I tried connecting the inverter wifi to the 2.4GHz connection and it worked for about 1/2 hour then gave up. So I have gone back to the Raspberry Pi connection. Any ideas?

I have the same issue as the original post. AIO with wired connection. I am always able to ping the battery and gateway but every few days one or both go offline for a day or so before re-appearing.

From the app, it only occasionally manages to connect locally but will usually connect as a remote connection.

I’ve had the installation about 6 weeks now and it has been like this since day one. I’ve contacted the installers twice but they have yet to come back to me.

Hi Abe,

Whatever @TheDragon_Giv did to my firmware, it sorted everything out. Completely reliable since. Maybe someone can explain how to update the dongle firmware?

Note - I’ve stuck with LAN as seems like it should be the most reliable.

Paul

that FW was pushed out regardless last week. 95% picked it up

You do however still have 3 revisions old Inverter and 1 revision out battery firmware
Update using the Portal, MyInverter, software option.

Ive been experiencing exactly the same issue. I have also recently applied the firmware update that was pushed out about a week or so ago and don’t think I have experienced the issue since then.

Thanks for all your replies.

The latest firmware updates have fixed all the connection problems - all running well now.

Abe

Please tell me how to resolve the dongle firmware issue. I’ve been having this same issue.

Is there a link to the firmware file and any update instructions?

Really wish I’d found this thread earlier, have wasted many precious hours with the support team.