Aio reset

I have an existing 13.5kw AIO Installed I have just changed my Virgin hub and the AIO needs to be reset? The problem I have is the installer has gone sick and will be off for some time? How can I do a installer reset?

Are you using Wireless or do you have a LAN cable plugged in ? ( in the inverter )

https://givenergy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/UK-Installation-Manual-All-in-One.pdf ( Page 46 onwards )

Lan connection from the gateway too the battery.

Hi tried that no response? Is it because I don’t have installers authority?

So - is the problem you cannot see it in either the APP on the local LAN or the Givenergy Website ?

Do you have the IP address of the inverter ? - if you don’t you should be able to login to the Virgin Media HUB and confirm if an IP address has been allocated.

if you are using a LAN connection to the Virgin Media hub then you might just need to reset/reboot / power it off an on again ( https://givenergy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/AIO-and-Gateway-Installer-Training-AUS.pdf - follow the Start up and shutdown Instructions )

Finally got the installer back to reset the system all working correctly!
Thanks for all your help!

Did you get him to document what he did ( or show you ) - if you change your broadband in the future you don’t want to go through it again.

and if it’s interesting perhaps share what he did so others can benefit.

1 Like

You need the two IP addresses one for gateway dongle and one for the battery inverter. The installer login and two phone calls later to GivEnergy support?
Not the easiest thing to do? But he got there in the end! Surely there must be an easier way or don’t change your broadband hub?

The good news every thing works fine now!

I work in IT so I never use the Wifi routers etc… from the providers, I use my own wifi routers and run in “modem” mode for this very reason.

I have had the same wifi name and IP address stuff for the past 20 years and never had an issue.

Glad your online - but that solution sucks !!

why don’t you use the wifi name and password has before and the AIO will reconnect.

The installer had to go online with GivEnergy and update the dongle in the inverter and the battery as advised by the GivEnergy support?

We had to change the virgin hub because the old one wasn’t working? The GivEnergy would not recognise the new hub?

Just go into the new routers settings page and change the WiFi name and password to the old one that was on the Virgin router. Givenergy equipment will reconnect.

Thanks! Didn’t think of that? I’ll remember next time! Mind you the installer didn’t ether?