Battery charge rate does not match actual charge

I have an AIO + gateway. If I set the Battery Discharge Rate to zero, I am still seeing 500w reported going into the battery. In fact, any battery charge rate set, does not match the charge going into the battery as reported by the GivEnergy app or through API calls.

IIRC, this used to tally (set to 3000w and it would charge limit to 3000w)

Is there some setting that I am missing or is there something that I need to do to get the battery to charge at the limit as set in the “Battery Charge Rate”?

I take it that you meant charge rate rather than discharge rate. If so, I am seeing something similar on my AC-3.0 inverter and 8.2kWh battery system. I recently discovered that this only happens when I am running in “Eco” mode and if I switch to “timed charge” mode the charging power then matches the value set. Have you tried switching modes to see if this has any effect?

On my system the battery consistently charges at a power level two higher than that set (unless the charging power is set to 0 when it charges three levels higher).

This only started happening with the installation of the last but one inverter firmware update so there may be a rationalisation of code/logic across platforms issue here.

Thank you for your feedback and yes, apologies, the Battery Charge Rate. I will give the ECO/Timed Charge switcheroo a go to see if that works for me and submit a bug if it is the case.

The reason for setting the charge rate is that I want to throttle the amount of charge going into the battery to elongate the time it takes to charge the battery to maximise the amount of export to the grid as I have a 5KW export restriction but a 7.5KW output from the solar array (10.6KW). viz:

On a sunny day with 7.5KW generation; if the battery charges at full rate, 6KW will go into the battery, 500W to the house and 1KW will be exported. After 2.5hrs, the battery is full. I then have to dump 2KW as 500w to the house and maximum 5KW to export

If I set the Battery Charge Rate to 2KW, it will take 6.5hrs to fully charge. During that time, 500w to the house and 4KW export to the grid. By the time the battery is charged, the solar generation will have dropped so no need to dump any excess. That results in ca 8KW of additional exports and also having to manage dumping the excess generation.

Again, thanks for your help.

I can confirm that setting the mode from ECO (as you suggested) does have the effect of fixing the issue. I will report this to GivEnergy.

Thanks for posting your findings. Good to know it’s not just me!