Battery charge rate

Hi all, can anyone help. I have had a replacement GIV-BAT-5.12-G3 installed, as the old one went wrong. When I sell in the app, it will discharge at 3KWh, fine, but when I buy, in the app, it will only charge at 100w, meaning I can only get about half a KWh on cheap rate at night. Is there a setting on the battery that needs changing ?. In the app, the discharge and charge, are set at the same rates. Thanks.

I have seen options for rate of charge when using the GivEnergy app in local mode (I don’t subscribe to the cloud version).

It may help (in general) to make sure that the IP address for your inverter is fixed/reserved. Do this through your home wifi box (I have an Eero from TalkTalk). ChatGPT guided me very easily through that step.
I also found ChatGPT helpful in addressing a different issue.

I don’t think that either GivHome or INVLocal (alternative local control apps) address the rate of charge as a selectable value. But they might simply default to “max” so could be worth trying ?

I am also still able to “see” my system vis givenergy.cloud on my laptop - I just cannot control it. Might be useful to check if values are changed via an app on your phone ?

Hi Nick, thanks for posting. Yes, I have since learnt that some apps value, for charge and discharge, are shown in Wh and that the firmware can determin if it is Wh or percentage. My percentage is set at 100% for discharge and charge, in the battery and inverter settings. But if I set to buy in the app, it will only charge at 100w, not sure what else I can change.

Have you tried a Reset to Defaults? This should return all settings to their default. In the Giv app you can find this under Direct Control. Just select Reset on the top menu bar.

Hi NormC, I did noticed earlier that the ’ AC charge upper % limit was set at 10%, so I have changed it to 100%, I will see if this works first. Thanks

Just for future reference for anyone else. My battery did charge last night, so hopefully it is cured of the problem. It must have been the AC charge upper % limit as it was set at 10% before I changed it to 100%. My installer did get back in touch and he said he would monitor it for a few days through his installer app. He did say that he synced the time of the battery to the inverter, which was out as well. Thanks

1 Like