Battery Reserve

Having set our GivEnergy battery reserve at 21% the battery dropped to 8%. This has happened on a number of occasions. Could this be due to temperature which was below freezing this morning?

Is the software ignoring our settings for another reason?

Thank you

Hi
My battery frequently drops below the setting I enter. I only recharge from solar panels so this time of the year its quite often. Eventually it drops so low it recharges from the grid. I have given up trying to find out why it happens. If you get an answer please let me know Many thanks.

1 Like

You don’t say how you set the reserve (portal/app/GivTCP), but I’ve found sometimes that it doesn’t take and it’s worth reading it after setting to verify it’s been really set.

I set in the app. Quite often I quit the app re-open and check. It always seems to save correctly and we do this often so we can charge the battery overnight thanks to the Octopus Go tariff.

I tend to use a different method if in any doubt - e.g. set in the app, use the portal to check

I too have the issue where my battery will drop below, then it imports from the grid at around 4am.
There seems to be no logic.

What I have noticed though is that there is once again new firmware : G3 Hybrid firmware revisions

1. Optimise SOC Calibration, relating to stopping at 5%
  2. Export Limit Overflow error Fix.
  3. Optimize the battery removal mechanism when sleep function used
  4. Fixed error with OffGrid Mode
  5. Add some certifications for EN50549
  6. Optimise PV MPPT Logic
  7. Added the quick protection function of battery overvoltage interruption
  8. Add EMS CPU parallel control parameters
  9. Fix 10 stage Charge/Discharge over midnight bug

Not sure if this is going to help… and this update is not available on the portal yet- so assume I will need to contact the helpdesk again.

I believe it has been recognized as a problem - I certainly have made GE aware of the occurrences both directly and via installer. My understanding is that there will shortly be a software update for Giv Hybrid gen 1