Beta tester timed charge/disharge question

Hi there,
I am one of the EMS Beta testers. I have a general question about the charge/discharge times.

I have been setting the charge from 0000 to 0530. I have been setting the discharge from 0530 to 2330.

I am experimenting as when I go to bed I normally have 60% left in the batteries. Tonight I have kept the charge setting as normal (0000 to 0530) but I have changed the discharge to 0230 to 2330.

What will happen at 0230 if say the car is charging, will it take from batteries.

I am really not very technical so just experimenting at the moment. I thought of putting the batteries on only a 2 hour charge but that is for another day once I see what tonight does.

Any advice is appreciated.

Since the EMS has been fitted the system appears to be working perfect.

Look forward to the advice.

Paul

In answer to your question. What will happen at 0230 if say the car is charging, will it take from batteries?

No as the charge period overlaps the discharge period, charge has higher priority than discharge,

Thanks Michael for the reply. Would you advise doing the above or do as I have been doing the last few weeks?

It really depends on what you want to achieve,
so lets look at a scenario.

Cheap rate is 00:00 - 05:30
Standard rate is 05:30 23:30

2x inverters 2X 9.5kwh batteries.

50% left at end of day.

charge required 4.5Kw @ 3Kwh = 1.5 hours per inverter done concurrently

Charge Start 00:00 Charge End 02:00 need to allow cool down period in charging process
Discharge 05:30 - 23:30 - no need to alter this,

if you start your car charge at the same time as your battery charge ensure you can handle approx. ((1000 * 13Kwh) / 230v) = 56.5 amps

Stop your car from charging at 05:30 am

As no charge or discharge period exists between 02:00 and 05:30 the system will do nothing batteries will not charge or discharge so all use will be from Grid or will be going into the car.

1 Like