BMS Over Voltage

I am getting a notification from my inverter and all it says is BMS Over Voltage - what does this mean?

Battery voltage is too high. It’ll stop charging as it’s gone beyond the user 100% limit (theres a buffer, to protect the battery, it never fully charges or fully discharges, always leaves a bit left either end).

If you phone support next week they might be able to apply a firmware update that I doesn’t get as close to the buffers.

Hi, many thanks. I’ll certainly do that - as long as it doesn’t blow up in the meantime :grin:

Hi, I have had a similar “warning” a couple of times. Can you let me know if you manage to resolve the issue?
Thanks…

Hi. I had the same problem and was told that it was my incoming grid voltage that was too high. I reported it to National Grid and they came out to monitor it for two weeks. Decided it was too high and reduced my voltage (transformer tap). Problem sorted.

Thanks… I’ll get in touch with them and see what they have to say…

Hi, sorry to take so long replying. I got in touch with the technical support people and they were very helpful. They did a battery re-calibration which seemed to have sorted the problem, at least for the time being. The BMS Over Voltage only seemed to happen when it was a very sunny day and the battery was showing as fully charged.