Commissioning Issues

Has anyone else had issues with getting the system commissioned.

My installer says he can not get on to the next phase to complete my commission.

He has spent many hours now and even spoke to Givenergy, who told to try again.

He says my details are there in limbo.

My own login just says that the commission has started.

I had problems . . . and the process ended taking about 16 hours of “sparky” time . .split across 3 different days onsite. During this entire time, my cloud account was stuck in “commission has started” phase.

The first issue we ran into was the CT meter. I ended up ordering a new one . . but after reconnecting it a few times, we moved past that problem. I now own an “extra” Givenergy CT meter . . .

The next roadblock was the battery firmware. It took several tries to get that updated. Requires removing an internal USB stick, loading the new firmware onto a different USB stick, upgrading it, getting it back online with the original USB stick . . .

Then the final holdup was the battery drain/recalibration. That took 8+ hours.

All of this took multiple calls into GivEnergy support - my sparky and I took turns on hold . . .

In the end, it did all work . . but we burned many hours to get there.

Thanks Brian, ive already found Givenergy not to be very helpful.

Installer is getti g well fed up.

They are now saying i need a TD1 meter installed, but this digaram which is from their own training manual shows no TD1

It’s usually an EM115 meter or GivEnergy’s variant of it (GEM).

That’s what monitors the import/export, voltage, frequency etc via the grid ct clamp. Plus believe it maintains the totals e.g. total import, total export etc.