Dashboard Portal - No Data, No Inverter details shown

G3 3.6 system installed 3 days ago, dashboard portal link is troublesome but did work when engineer was commissioning. Seems completely random, just says no data, no inverter details registered? Have reset router (router is about 4 meters away from inverter position albeit through 2 timber stud walls) and tried through app on mobile standing right next to inverter? its an in built link with just the aerial sticking out, any help please.

Sounds like the signal from your router is too low at the inverter, you should be able to check with your mobile. Have you tried a wifi repeater to improve the signal?

The other issue that I have with my G1 3.6 system was that it needed a 2.4GHz wifi connection and my router supports both 5GHz and 2.4GHz and the G1 was not very good at negotiating for 2.4GHz with the router. So I set up a Raspberry Pi to provide a 2.4GHz connection linked to the router and this has worked ever since.

Hi @MickyBoy, we had awful issues with the wifi connectivity to begin with. It appears to be mostly solved now via PLC although does still drop out temporarily from time to time. Don’t know if it might be worth considering making up a temporary extension cable taking comms direct from Indra unit to router if only to rule the wifi issue out.

I ran a temporary network lead but it wasn’t a wireless problem after all, turned out GE had applied the same equipment serial numbers to 2 customers and when they registered it effectively cut mine off. GE support sorted it out at their end and its all working fine now. Happy days.

1 Like