Do I need to buy an inverter also in addition to AIO for this solar array?

Hi there, I have a solar array already (12 panels south facing at rear + 12 panels north facing at front). I had a Sunsynk inverter that failed then another sunsynk that failed again 3 months ago with no replacement received yet. I want to buy an AIO.

Do I need to purchase a separate inverter also?

Last year during summer I never saw more than 5kw generation. The north facing panels obviously don’t generate much, about half as much as the south facing side. Some people say I still need to buy another inverter to go alongside AIO but I thought the whole point of AIO was that the inverter was included… Any advice appreciated

You will need to have a string inverter for the PV panels. The inverter inside the AIO is only an AC charger.

Thanks makse. I like Givenergy, wondering what type of inverter people on here would recommend given my preference for the AIO system. I’m keen to order and get moving as the 24 panels are starting to wake up after their winter slumber

If you want to keep it all Giv then use a hybrid without batteries. If you want higher AC output from the panels then a solis or growatt.

Currently, the AIO has no PV input. They’ve told us it’s a development plan.

Unless you REALLY like Givenergy, I’d get a string inverter fitted. A Givenergy hybrid would be £800-1000 more than a similarly rated string inverter. We use Solis for string inverters, the business owner says he’s yet to have one fail.

Stay away from sunstink.

Of interest, do you know anythign more about this plan as I love the look of the AIO and if this is a feature that will be coming in the next year I would be very much willing to be an early adopter!

I had an AIO installed along with 5.25 kWh of Solar PV. The Solar feeds into a Solis Inverter which feeds the Gateway which comes with the AIO.
I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for a Givenergy product in development. They talk the talk but don’t walk the walk.