End_time wrong for energy-flows API

Hi,

Since (I think) about 20 May 2024 the GivEnergy Energy Flow API seems to be giving incorrect data for the end_time.

Request:- {{baseUrl}}/inverter/xxxxxxxxx/energy-flows
Body:- {“start_time”:“2024-05-27”,“end_time”:“2024-05-28”,“grouping”:0,“types”:[0,1,2,3,4,5,6]}

Response:-
{
“data”: {
“0”: {
“start_time”: “2024-05-27 00:00”,
“end_time”: “2024-05-27 00:30”,
“0”: 0,
“1”: 0,
“2”: 0,
“3”: 0.17,
“4”: 0,
“5”: 0.02,
“6”: 0
}
},
“1”: {
“start_time”: “2024-05-27 00:30”,
“end_time”: “2024-05-27 00:30”,
“0”: 0,
“1”: 0,
“2”: 0,
“3”: 0,
“4”: 0,
“5”: 0.21,
“6”: 0
}
},

Note the end time is the same for all data returned and is always wrong (seems to now be representing a duration, not an end time)

Docs say:-

start_time datetime

The start time of the query. Based on the inverter’s local time

end_time datetime

The end time of the query. Based on the inverter’s local time
(GivEnergy API Documentation (v1.24.0))

I’m finding this too, although there’s nothing in the API changelog.

The API docs show
data[].start_time

The start time of that energy flow record

data[].end_time

The end time of that energy flow record

What is quoted in the OP’s post is the meaning of those fields in the request. What is returned seems clearly to refer to the record returned and therefore not confused by what was requested (ie NOT the end time of the QUERY)

Is this an error that will be corrected or do I need to update my software to use the returned start_time going forward. The data returned in end_time no longer appears to mean anything.

Support team at GivEnergy have confirmed they are aware and are fixing. For the moment I have changed my consuming code to ignore end time and assume 30 mins. Guess that is what the GivEnergy app / website must be doing or that would have been affected too

Thanks for the reply, that’s good to know - I will have to use start time and add 30 minutes, at least for the time being.

Are you aware of any quoted fix time (or even how long ago they acknowledged it)?

Not really. Was acknowledged last week but will be down to if gets priority in their next Sprint