EV Charger with GIVTCP and Ethernet Connection fails to communicate

Hi Each,

Just to share some information that has come to light for a few of us via github.

The GIVTCP cannot communicate with the EV Charger when it is connected by a hardwired ethernet cable. It does work when using Wi-Fi.

It would appear that modbus connections are not enabled on the ethernet port, but they are on the wi-fi port.

Hopefully the great team at GivEnergy will fix this shortly as my EVC is outside and it keeps losing the Wi-Fi connection, which is why I has a cable installed :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Didnt knew GivTCP can connect via WiFi, I have had the connection refused as my EV charger is hardwired - I have contacted GE and they have said it will be done in next release since past 3 months.

I am having trouble even connecting with WiFi - i cannot get a TCP:502 connection open for modbus comms - is there some setting i need to make in the app to enable modbus TCP ?

Yes, in the web based app, go to the EVC then select “settings” → “Other” and on the bottom row is “Enable Local Control”

1 Like

Thank you - this was the missing piece of the puzzle - i had been using the mobile app and wasn’t aware of the additional options in the web UI