Gen 3 3.6kwh inverter with East West strings conflicting each other

Hi, Im am on Intelligent Octopus Go

Updateā€¦ they pushed out the 307 firmware for me and it does now seem a bit more balanced ( first day with a bit of sun ) - and they also did a Battery SOC !!! - well it discharged to 0% and then stopped charging at 20% and then the batteries stopped doing anything !.

So this morning turned off everything and restarted everything and still batteries doing nothingā€¦ So I turned it all off again and this time only turned battery 1 onā€¦ and everything then seemed to be working, so I left it on 1 battery for 20 mins without issue and then turned on batttery 2, and now both batteries are online and seem to be working - I am now going to do a 100% forced charge from mains and solar to make sure I get back past the 20% limit ! ( currently at 14% )

So will update you over the next few dayz - unless you have had another fix ?

what battery firmware are you on, I had mine downgraded last night I think from 315 back to 312. They accidentally updated my battery firmware with the 307 firmware update and it seems that this is the cause of the 2 battery alignment issues.

4th time now I have had to dump 2 full batteries for calibration, washer, tumble dryer, immersion and oil heaters taking it in turns to go full blast

Inverter Firmware Version

D0.307-A0.307

Battery Firmware Version

I have the latest of both firmware ( 307 & 3015 )

Inverter Firmware Version :   D0.307-A0.307

Battery Firmware Version  :   3015

and my batteries are still charging from the mainsā€¦ but had some good sun today

still calibrating the batteries here, at the moment, battery 1 is 83% and 2 is 69% so it looks unlikely that the change of firmware as worked. If they both charge to 100% then fine, and then test 2 is for them to discharge without battery 2 getting left mile behind tomorrow. Not holding my breath. I think I have a hardware issue and if so then this surly must prove it.
It will kill me to do a 5th calibration.
Will report back on charging in the morning and drainage performance tomorrow night.

so both batteries charged to 100% though once battery 1 is full it seems to get turned off to allow battery 2 to get to 100% and shows as zero charge in red. Once battery 2 got to 100% they both showed 100% in green. Ill report back latter on solar performance and how the batteries are deployed.

Thats what mine did the first time as wellā€¦ but at least they both charged to 100% yesterday and are now discharging / charging in parallel.

So for me all now seems fixed, I am balancing across the 2 string correctly and the batteries seem to be in full working order.

However I work in IT and this a a great lesson for me with regards to the stability of the firmwareā€¦ I will only update going forward if I have issues or new features are released - and even then I might go with a N -1 approach so that all the bugs are found.

I had my last panels fitted in 2016 and never had to upgrade any firmware or anything, it worked on day 1 and itā€™s all still working today without any issues.

I just have my Zappi + Harvi to fit now and then I am 100% done and look forward to lowering my bills.

good to hear, so your batteries are good on version 3015, nightmare for me