Gen 3 Hybrid without batteries

Hi all,

Just done my first givenergy install which was replacing an old faulty inverter with a Gen 3 hybrid. i have been on the phone to givenergy numerous times and now i am feeling embarrassed to keep calling asking the same question. On my portal for the inverter i keep getting a warning notification of “BMS communication fail” and “battery voltage low” but i do not have a battery or BMS. i do not know how to clear these faults without calling customer service. anyone else had this problem before?
On the inverter itself it has the lights going down to the battery which i didnt expect with there being no battery installed.
any help would be much appreciated.

wasn’t the lateest D309/A309 bios with updates for this type of issue?

A309-D309 - 16 May 2024

1. Add Additional PV total registers, for external PV added to internal PV (Needs Portal update to read)
  2. Add Inverter Mode register. Hybrid/String (Supress battery error of not present and intended to be that way)
  3. Optimise removal of firmware files post update
  4. Add Auz Grid Code A,B,C. Add NZ Grid Code and parameters.
  5. Add Auz DRM function and optimise for communication with Auz Dongle version with DRM FW version 9xx

Hi

I’m not an installer, but I have had both these messages in the past during the commisoning stage.

I have a GE Hybrid Gen 3 5KW inverter with no DC-coupled battery.

These are the register settings GE did/left during that time which then just left me with a “Battery Low Voltage” message which has always remained:

HTH