GivEnergy EV charger with an AIO (All-In-One)

During the EV charger setup there’s 4 different configuration types you can select, A to D. Our installer has set it to Config C (with wired comms cable & compatible meter).

However, as we have an All-In-One, I’ve tried setting it to Config D (with compatible GivEnergy PV inverter) to get the better integrated functionality. Whilst it does work, kind of, the EV charger now keeps going off line. Has anyone else got any experience with my setup? Is config D compatible with an AIO?

Thanks

I have an AIO and EVC in config D or Inverter Control Cloud in the portal, and this is working after a fashion. My EVC and AIO have been going offline a lot. I think in my case it may be linked to network / wifi load i.e. when I’m not around and all the laptops at home are powered down then everything stays online, but when I’m there and making use of the wifi then things go offline.
However, I don’t think the EVC and AIO are collaborating how I was led to believe by the website.

That’s good to know. Do you have a GivEnergy PV inverter, or a third party connected to your AIO?

It’s the requirement wording for configuration D that has me a little hesitant i.e. “compatible GivEnergy PV inverter”. We have a third party PV inverter, but I see no reason why the EV charger can’t get the information it would need from the AIO/gateway instead.

I updated the AIO to the latest firmware yesterday, haven’t had chance to test again since.

We’ve had solar installed for many years, so no it’s not specifically GE approved.
Also, we’ve had AIO firmware D0.609-A0.609 installed for some time along with GW A0.005.