Givenergy EV running giv ocpp draining batteries

I had a givenergy charger installed yesterday in preparation for the Mrs getting an EV, I’ve got the charger running off Giv Ocpp through homeassistant and that side worked flawlessly when plugged into my mates van that fitted it.
The EV has its own CT clamp, both the CT clamps have been placed where just about every diagram I can find tells you to but the inverter still detected the load demand from the EV charger and started draining the batteries.

How do I stop the batteries going to the EV?

I know I can set up software side to pause the batteries if the charger is active through homeassistant but that will also put the house onto the grid aswell.

I don’t want it connected to givenergy and I’m not paying the cloud fees so I can’t go that route.

The install manual shows the charger and inverter linked via modbus instead of using a CT clamp for the charger but there’s a comment saying coming soon… Did it ever get implemented?

If you are prepared to split your Pi (assuming that is where you are running HA?) the Homebridge variant of GivHome was designed to solve this problem for Intelligent Octopus Go tariff (the most popular EV tariff by some margin).
Put simply when the EV is plugged in Octopus sees the car and dispatches charging slots. Homebridge-GivHome reacts to those slots automatically pausing your GivEnergy battery discharge.. your EV and home benefit from the cheap grid energy.
Whilst it is designed f to provide Tiles in Apple Home, there is nothing to prevent you from using the tool headlessly for your single requirement