Givenergy Mobile App runs on MacOS

Thought this might be useful for some people.
I tried the Givenergy App on my Mac today, while is says it’s ‘not verified for Mac’, it works as if you have your phone in landscape when viewing the app.

Everything worked, same login, Home and Away tabs, auto found my inverter etc.

My only gripe is that the page that shows the ‘Power graph’ places the ‘Peak power’ summary box over the graph space on the left side. This is the same as the mobile app behaviour when you view in landscape. If it could be moved to the right of the graph space like the ‘Energy Graph’ page. it would make the phone landscape experience and Mac user experience much more consistent.

2 Likes

I also have the app on my Mac, Dark Mode works really well for me. It is annoying that the app behaves as it does. I have another mobile app running on my Mac, it’s from Eufy as i have a few security cameras ( repurposed to monitor the Hedgehog house, feeding station etc ) and that allows you to select Portrait or Landscape which works much better. I have tried various settings but to no avail.

1 Like

It is useful to have it on the Mac, but the energy graph needs fixing, it’s not a Mac specific problem it’s like that on an iPad in Landscape and for a long time too.

1 Like