GivEnery EV Charger Help

Does anyone have any advice for the EV charger or got it actually working?

I can’t get it configured to schedule to only charger at a certain time, or actually run in solar mode so it actually only charges with excess from the panels. No matter what I do it only seems to pull from the grid. Or is solar mode incompatible with running at a time scheduled overnight?

The following settings work for me …
Schedule 23:30 to 05:30 Mon to Sun (IOG)
Grid Mode
Plug and Go Off

YES , I have finally got it working in SOLAR mode only during the day and scheduled 2am-5am overnight for Grid charging. Givenergy 2nd line support sorted it for me , Guy called Matt Butler

Second Line Service Desk Engineer
I suggest you talk to them and they will sort it for you. Not exactly sure what they did in the background but mine is set to
energy source = SOLAR
Charge type = inverter control

prioritise solar to EV
They also set my charge to 31amp for overnight charging due to a “glitch” with some cars. Irt seems to all work ok.

I just plug the car in during the day and if it needs charging and there is solar excess it does the job.
For Overnight charging I just leave the cable in if I want it to charge on the schedule, unplug if I dont.
For urgent charging anytime during the day/eve I just plug car in and Swipe RFID card. This makes it charge for solar and grid up to 7kw immediately.

Obviously you may not have the Givenergy inverter like i do so this may not work for you. But email Givenergy and mention Matt I’m sure he will help.