GivEngineer Mobile App

Hello everyone,

Thank you for volunteering to beta test the new Commissioning App, ‘GivEngineer’. We are eager to hear your feedback and improve the process of commissioning GivEnergy systems to make it faster, easier, and more reliable.

Those who signed up should have received an email with the app builds attached. If you signed up but did not receive an email, please comment below and I will reach out to you and get it sorted. If you’re interested in joining this beta testing phase, a few spots are still available. Click the link below to sign up. If you don’t get in this time, you will be prioritised for the next testing phase.

I encourage everyone to use this Commissioning topic to gather and share all feedback, whether it be positive or negative. This will help us gain multiple perspectives and work towards the best solutions.

Please remember, this is still in its Beta Testing Phase, so some issues may arise. Approach the process with optimism and use the new app exclusively for commissioning. There is no need to use the dongle interface or the current commissioning methods—the app handles everything. If you encounter issues, you can revert to the old process by accessing your open commissions on the portal.

Important notes before starting:

• When inviting a new customer, ensure they complete the onboarding email before you begin the commissioning process.
  • Compatible with all single-inverter systems, including 3Phase.
  • EPS flow is not yet included (coming soon).
  • Not currently compatible with adding, replacing, or removing existing customer systems (coming soon).
  • WiFi Dongles ONLY (4G & LAN Connection coming soon)

More features are on the way, but these are the key points to be aware of for now.

Hi,
Just tried logging into the new app with my existing engineer account login details, but won’t allow me to log in.

Hi all, just regarding this comment from Gareth, this is a separate app so you will need to register a new account and then it will take you to an external page to link your portal account.

Ah, got it!

Hi, I’ve forgotten my password for this new app!
I’ve tried to reset it, but won’t let me for some reason.
It says every time “check both passwords match”
I’ve double checked loads of times, they definitely match! Even copied and pasted! Still won’t let me reset password! :thinking:

Hi Gareth,

Looked into this myself and it is a bug i’m afraid. We are actively working to fix this but for the moment there is nothing we can do. I will drop a note in here when the fix is live.

Ok, no probs :+1: