GivEVC beta testers needed

Ah, ok makes sense. On my hypervolt the ALM setting was via a rotary selector behind the cover, so not accessable to end user.

I’ll probably just disable on mine, as no need to adjust from 80A

Version 2.4.1 of GivTCP is out now with GivEVC capability included

Thanks for your work MarkC. Just trying to add EVC to GivTCP in HA. But it refuses to connect. Just get lots of these in the log
2024-03-28 15:28:10,485 - Inv1 - sync - [ERROR ] - Connection to (192.168.1.xxx, 502) failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Confirmed the IP address (by the pull the cable out of switch method!). Any ideas?

Have you switched local mode on on the portal and restarted the charger?

If so, then it does take around 10 mins to open the local Comms, so connection will be refused until the time passes. Hang on there and see if it connects, mine does fine

Sorry… where’s local mode in portal? Not seen that before.in fact I don’t see anything related to the evc in the portal?

Is that right?

If you ‘edit your dashboard’ there should be an EV charger card you can add.

If you then expand the card, select Settings, Other

Then there is a toggle for Enable Local control. Sorry for poor photo (easier than screenshoting)

I’ve not been able to save the setting for local control (the logs always show a failure), but I noticed there’s a new configuration (E) “coming soon” that should add local control.

Hi @MarkC ,

Firstly many thanks for your hard work on have a solution for the EV charger via GivTCP.

I’m facing a similar problem by ColinS above, I’m seeing failures connecting to the EV charger

2024-04-10 23:29:19,257 - Inv1 - sync - [ERROR ] - Connection to (192.168.30.143, 502) failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I’ve tried setting the Enable Local Control On in the Online Portal and restarting the EV charger but it doesn’t hold the setting in the logs on the portal it shows as the setting failing to set.

Would you have any ideas on how I can progress to a working solution?

thanks

@MarkC [Errno 111] Connection refused - is there a fix/workaround to this? I have Giv EV connected to the AIO Gateway - config option is C.

Did anyone get anywhere with this? I’m just getting Errno 111 connection refused. LocalControl is on. And config option is C (CT Meter).

just read it another post - it works on Wifi and not on Ethernet

Well this is frustrating - why on earth would it not work on wired? I ran cables to my AIO and EVC for better reliability so a bit gutting to find out this limitation. Do you think it will be fixed?

I’ve asked GE to include it in the next firmware release, which I hope will happen soon, but I don’t have an ETA