Grid exports incorrectly showing majority going to home rather than to grid

I have an AIO/Gateway and solar.

When exporting to the grid (timed export), the battery will show 6kW discharge but this is being split between the grid and the home (ca 1.7kW to the grid and 4.3kW to the home). This is clearly wrong:

1. Before the grid export, the home is consuming around 400w. As soon as the export starts, the home shows 4.7kW
  2. The total grid Givenergy export today number will show something like 5kWh but Octopus shows around 20kWh

The same also happens when solar is being generated. 7kW being generated by solar but this shows as huge amounts going to the home while around 26% is going to the grid, but there are no significant loads in the house (no emersion heater, dish washer, washing machine etc) and again, the grid meter is showing more grid export than the AIO/Gateway.

Originally, the export numbers matched the grid meter numbers. This changed after having solar installed and maybe after a site visit to try to fix an over voltage issue on the PV inverter.

A recommission was executed on the Givenergy devices and I also notice a “CT Direction” setting changed to “positive”

Can you provide a picture of the Gateway with the door open.

I suspect the Bypass switch is in the UP position

Thank you TheDragon_Giv for getting back to me.

Yes, it (they) appear to be in the up position).

I have had a search regarding this switch setting and it seems to be a bypass for Grid → House. This is specifically Battery → Grid and/or PBV → Grid.

Also, I noted that a % of the energy is being reported as being sent to the grid but not everything.

Do you have a reference to the switch setting (vis-Ă -vis the impact to the meter value) that I can send to my installer?

Regards

this will severly affect grid readings, your reading will be at least half of what the should be.

you need to move this to the down position. Up is for maintenance only
Installer error

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advise. I have just been talking to the installer and yes, it was in the incorrect position. After flipping the switch, the energy is now being reported out to grid correctly.

:+1:t2:

I’ve been troubleshooting this with Give for the past week. Same issue. I think Bypass needs better explanation in the manual.

1 Like