How are multiple AIO units linked?

Hi, hoping for some help please in understanding what is involved in having more than 1 AIO on a single phase domestic setup?

Would both AIO’s be able to charge independently, but still visible in the same account? Is anything needed to avoid them charging each other? etc

Is the Gateway required? (I feel like I may have overlooked something but doesn’t feel like it offers much if not installed between the main consumer unit and the incoming DNO supply + connected to a separate local earth. Would be a lot of extra wiring in my case as meter & existing CU one side of the house and garage the other…)

For context I haven’t got an existing solar installation, I would be looking at getting this as part of a complete package. Mainly attracted to the high AC charge rate (for the capacity size)

Thanks in advance!

Unless something has changed in the last month, only a single AIO can be installed at the moment, it is a future plan for additional units. AIO can only be purchased with a gateway at present.

I believe the gateway includes an EMS which can be used to stop them cross charging.

The EMS is currently not enabled for users as it’s under test.

There’s also software balancing solutions being tested by some customers and staff - using home assistant.

Multiple AIOs have been tested in the labs and Paul is now testing one outside of lab.

Maybe some beta users will be testing them out in the field too, in the near future, before the option being made available to purchase.

Not sure of timelines though.

This is me expressing an interest in testing a second aio.

I will be getting a heat pump soon.
Def interested in extending my current aio.
13.5kWh seems a lot to most. Working from home as a dev, “normal” base load can drain it within the day. Adding an ashp which can draw up to 1.5kWh when cold, would drain it well before peak even with some winter sun

Thanks all for the quick replies, glad to hear its in the works - I’ll keep my eye out for news on this!

Starting to worry that the AIO has been miss-sold as being able to be fitted in parallel. The website still says multiple units.

Went with the AIO expecting to be able to add capacity in 2024/5.

May have to go back to the installer and get them to remove it for free and refund when the time comes, and if that fails my credit card co.

Any update on this? I’m in the same boat and need more battery storage so went with the AIO over a Tesla powerwall.

I’m getting air2air heating and ventilation system and I’m a dev so work from home a lot and need more power.