How many Inverters can be attached to AIO?

We already have an array connected to a Fronius grid coupled inverter with FIT.

Is it possible to use the existing inverter and add a new array and inverter to an AIO 13.5 Kw system with Gateway to increase the solar charging to the system. The intention is to use a smart tariff to charge at night from the grid but we would like to increase the PV charging during daylight hours.

Does the AIO accept and AC input from an inverter or a direct DC input from panels?

If I understand things correctly an AIO will not car how many generation sources you have as it monitors for outgoing energy. The limit will be how many sources it can monitor if you want all data on one dashboard. I use AC3’s and have 2 pv systems on 1 AC3 and 1 more pv array monitored by a second AC3. But you don’t have to monitor them. It will check for excess power going out to the grid.

Sounds like a similar setup we want to end up with, What happens to the AC outputs from the two AC3s?

My understanding was that you needed to sync the AC outputs from different inverters if you wanted to then combine their outputs by way of a parallel connection, which is possible with some inverters, but not all, one becoming the master the others slaves, or am I overcomplicating matters?

Currently multiple inverters is not supported. I am currently testing a decoupled setup. However I might need to up coming EMS device later. Basically 2 AC systems consisting of 1 battery 1 inverter each. Up to 6kw loads are fine, the challenge is getting 1 system to not charge the other. That is what the EMS will fix.

But to answer your main question you can have as many generation sources with their own inverter as you like and an AC unit will charge/discharge. The question is how you wish to monitor them. The AIO wont mind what pv inverter or inverters you use.

If you want the inverter connected to the gateway to allow solar generation during a power outage, then there will be a limit.

It was discussed on the other community forum, can’t remember which topic, but hopefully a search will find the relevant topic.

Think this was the one

https://community.givenergy.cloud/d/2646-gateway-spec/3

If you have for example 4 inverters goinf into a gateway. You can fit a sub board with all 4 sources going into it, the into the gateway with CT clamp on the combined cable (as standard upto 32A).
This is upable to 40A no bother and allegedly 48A absolute intput but at 48A the system can go i to fault conditions when off grid…

You can monitor 2 separate PV sources of which thouse can be combined before the CT…

It would only be two inverters.

So is it necessary to sync those inverters as I suppose you are effectively running them in parallel?

Nope. The AIO is independent of your solar inverters.

i have 3 PV arrays on my home.

I have two sets of panels, one set DC output, with its own inverter to produce AC, one set AC output (from enphase microinverters), coupled to my AIO. The AC outputs goes to the AIO gateway box (separate box from the battery), which controls breakers isolating the solar from both sets of panels, mains I/o power to/from the AIO, and mains from grid and to house. Ie the AIO Gateway seems to be all mains voltage ~ 240 v AC. The AIO (big battery box) has its own inverter inside. Hope that helps. Alan C

Thank you, that’s what we are aiming for. Good to know it works as I think we’ve been side tracked by being told of the need to sync inverters running in parallel.