Inverter offline

Hello,
All of a sudden my inverter is showing as being offline.
The battery is at 100% but am pulling power from the grid.
The dongle is flashing blue, my router can see it, but it either won’t connect or is not showing any data, could be both.
Any help appreciated.

1. Reboot it via the website ( remote management )
  2. Turn everything off and on again
    Shutdown batteries first
    Isolate the Solar Feeds ( you should have a isolation per string )
    power off the inverter
    wait 30 - 60 seconds
    The do the reverse to bring it back online
  3. Check the firmware levels

And to be honest… just either ring the helpdesk or drop them an email, they can normally fix 99% of things remote.

But ask them to make sure you are on the latest firmware for inverter and batteries.

This has happened to be before and a reboot fix it all.

I have seen a similar issue since around May 9 or 10 after running fine for 3 months since installation. I contacted the GivEnergy support and they looked at my set-up and commented that something didn’t look right and he would have to confer with his colleagues. I’ve not got any useful information back yet but I’m charging 2 x 9.5 kWh batteries to almost full via solar panels and then most of that seems to get dumped to the grid by the next morning. The inverters seem to keep going offline (dongle flashing blue) and when they do they kick off an import from the grid. So, I’m selling to the grid and then buying from the grid - obviously at a loss! I’ll chase them again on Monday.

Have you by any chance set a timed discharge or timed export?

They don’t always work out as expected.

Unless using something like Home Assistant probably better off just setting a timed charge and leaving the system in eco.

Thanks for the questions. I have not set any timed discharge or timed export. Once the batteries are full then it’s set to export to the grid. The system was running fine until May 9 or 10 when I noticed the peculiar behaviour and I hadn’t changed anything in the set-up. Was there a firmware update around those dates?