Is an internet connection required?

Hi, I’m considering getting a GivEnergy system but I’m wondering if the inverter/battery requires an internet connection?

I know it would need one to query say the Octopus agile API to determine when to charge/discharge etc. but does it need a connection for anything else?

I saw firmware updates and battery calibration mentioned somewhere so I guess automatic updates would require it, but could I use a usb stick to update firmware instead? Can I calibrate the battery manually?

If anyone knows I would appreciate it. Thanks

As part of the terms of the warranty the kit needs to be connected to the internet and reporting back to GivEnergy

That’s just what I was looking for, thanks! In case anyone else needs it:

If the system is offline for more than 10% of time from the date of installation, the warranty may revert to a 12-month standard warranty from the date of commission.

I hate devices that need need access to the internet for no reason… myself I have locked it down on my firewall.

I have seen that only 2 network ports are required… in fact you could also block port 25 as well - but thats for email notifications.

The manual process for updating firmware is painful to say the least… so internet access is required, but not perhaps the entire internet !!

Honestly, this is why I asked. I saw people reporting that givenergy/installers have remote access to start a battery calibration at any time (including when energy is expensive). Bit worrying they have a backdoor in to the network by default too. I’d definitely put the battery on an isolated IP or block access to other devices in the firewall

I have suggested to GivEnergy that they schedule battery recalibration for the off peak periods but I’ve not had an answer.
It should be a no-brainer but…