Local Search failed mobile app

Hello,
I’ve just had a virgin router replaced. Now on my mobile app it say local search failed! Is it something to do with the router??
I cannot find any giudelines to solved this problem!
HELP!

Has your wifi name changed and/or the password. When your system was installed it would have connected to the old wifi. So if the new router has a different name/password then the devices will not be able to connect. The easiest way to rectify this, I believe, is to amend the wifi name and password onthe new router to match the old and then they should reconnect

Hello I changed the rounter back to old router name and passwaord…still offline

Ok. So the first thing I would check now that you have changed the router details back to the original is to see whether I can now view the details on the cloud (via a web browser), because unless you had changed all those details on each device they would have lost connection.

Assuming you can, the next thing I would try, is scanning manually for your inverter dongle via the app settings/local monitoring/ scan for your inverter and standing near the device (that has worked for me in the past).

If that doesn’t do the trick you could (if you know) add the inverter in manually by adding in its IP address

You could possibly think about restarting the inverter via the web - which you should now have access to and are happy to, or give GE a call on Monday

Finally, you could also reach out for ideas/support from the main GE forum

Most new routers use a blended 2.4 and 5ghz bandwidth some devices can struggle with this. A friend of mine had same issue and ended up getting an Ethernet cable run instead.

Yes, I had a similar problem with my dongle going off-line. I tried so many different things and eventually it came back on-line - so I’m not sure what change worked! I hadn’t changed the router tho so the kit was still on the network. The one other thing I did do, was extend my mesh network so that there was a good signal in the garage, so whether that also helped or not I don’t know.