Logs download in Givenergy portal times out

Hi all.
I am spending a lot of time trying to analyse the portal’s API logs to help figure out why Octopus cant get their Intelligent Octopus Flux scheduling working property on my fairly standard Givenergy hybrid inverter solar system. Its impossible to recognise patterns in the logs easily without downloading them so I can scroll through and search them easily in a spreadsheet.
The download button works fine for restricted sets of data, eg by using the filters for errors and matching responses, but when trying a full download I always get a timeout.
I’m sure its not a network speed problem because I can see the speed is always above 50 Mbs and the same logs can be sent to me by email so its not that the file size is too big. Givenergy admit there are some bugs in the logs stuff such as the search not working, but they say that there is nothing wrong with the download function, so I don’t know where to go.
is there anyone else having the same problem and are there other ways of getting this log data into a spreadsheet on a regular basis? Note that I currently use the Chrome browser on a Windows 10 machine, though I haven’t had any problems downloading other large files using it.
Givenergy have offered to send me the logs whenever I need them, but when I need them I need them now, not when the support staff get the time to send them.