Multiple Import Time Slots on Gen3 Inverters

Hi looking at purchasing solution with Gen3 Hybrid Inverter.

What I’m trying to find out is whether the Gen3 inverters allow you to set up to 10 import time slots a day and if so, can the iPhone app manage the 10 slots without resorting to other methods of managing the slots?

Do all Gen3 inverters support this or is it only after a specific date of manafacture?

Documentation that I’ve read hasn’t been that clear and trying the online portal demo sessions, the inverters that I have been assigned only appear to have 1 slot that can be controlled.

Thanks

I think all gen 3 hybrids offer the slots, but perhaps the inverter needs a particular firmware version to get it - which hopefully is available to all anyway as it has been in beta for a while.

Don’t think the app or portal offers the interface to set these time slots though. You’d have to go into the remote control part of the web portal to set them, or use home assistant if preferred.

Many thanks for the response. Disappointing if you can’t control the capability of the hardware through the manufacturer provided smart application software without using web portals or 3rd party integrations.

It feels like a lot of the GivEnergy software and documentation isn’t much more than beta releases which is partially putting me off GivEnergy and going elsewhere.

I don’t know if they are better / worse than other suppliers for this and whether they do redress missing functionality or just concentrate on the latest model.

Better to have the option than not at all though. Can’t win them all.

I’ve set up 5 charging periods a day for a 3.6 Hybrid Gen 3 inverter using the web UI (givenergy.cloud/remote-control). There are 10 slots for charging and 10 slots for discharging. But the phone app continues to show only the first slot for charging and discharging (I also haven’t found how to pause on the phone app). So if you want to do it on your phone you’ll need to use the web UI in a browser (and squint to read the tiny text).

Many thanks.

I use WonderWatt or Octopus R&D to control the AIO. Both of these are free and work well with Octopus Agile tariff.

Many thanks for the response. Had seen WonderWatt as a possibility and was aware of the Octopus R&D app but not followed that one up yet.

Was trying to work out why GivEnergy don’t update the apps to support their hardware properly?

Do GivEnergy have a route map / support plan for software or hardware? Will all development go into the AIO now and ‘legacy’ hardware will receive less input?

Want to avoid an eco system with high upfront cost where the provider quickly loses interest in anything but the latest line of devices?

Thanks

I love the AIO and the api allows home assistant or other apps to control it if you give it access. I think it’s the same app for all their devices so I don’t think they only support the latest. So far I have found the support to be excellent.