New guy trying to make solar + AOI + EV charger to Tesla work on Octopus

Hi,

Installed last week and I export tariff data only sent to Octopus yesterday. I am on Intelligent Go and have opted for the Agile tariff.

I am at a loss on what options to select on the:

A) GivEnergy App

B) Tesla App

C) Octopus App

I want to dribble excess solar to the Tesla once the battery is full. I want to export at peak times to the Grid. I want to charge the home battery and Tesla (Model 3 2021 LR) on the 7p rate at night.

So far a week in I can’t get the system to do all that. The Tesla seems to have terrible WiFi reception despite being 3 metres in direct line to a repeater. The BIG issue is the Octopus app doesn’t seem to respond when I plug the car in and is stuck thinking the car is not connected.

Someone must have a similar system with similar settings knowledge? I am losing the will to live slightly.

Thanks in advance.

What Car charger do you have - and has it been connected/cabled into you AIO correctly ?

It’s the GivEnergy home charger 7Kw.

Yesterday the Octopus App started showing the car when plugged in as “smart charging”. Which is new. This morning the car is up to 80% as required by 0500. SO that seems to now be working. It seems to take a while before the Oco App realises the car is plugged in.