Searching for local Inverters

I frequently encounter “local inverters could not be found” when I start the app. Sometimes it goes away and the app is able to enable “Home” mode. But regularly it sticks on “could not find local inverters”.

What is the app doing when its reports “Searching for local inverters”?

And, why under Settings/Local Monitoring/IP Addresses do I see the IP address of my router? I would expect to see the IP address assigned to the inverter.

By the way, everything connected via WiFi.

Cheers
John

Hi - have you tried adding the ip address of your inverter manually?

Regards,

Iain

Hi Iain,

I don’t see anywhere to manually enter the IP address. And how would I know the IP address of the inverter?

What I had done was made changes to “Local Monitoring” under Settings. I enabled “Search for Inverters Manually” and performed the “Scan for Inverter”. This delivered an IP address that appeared reasonable and I added that to the list of remembered IP addresses. Everything seemed fine, but after a few days that address gets a red exclamation mark and the inverter can’t be found.

I suspect that it is something to do with the router and how IP addresses are allocated on a local network. When everyone is off the internet, I will reboot the router.

Cheers
John

Hi,

I put mine in here manually in local monitoring - if you can log on to your router, you should be able to see its IP address under some of the network settings. Failing that, you can try apps like Net Analyzer if you are on an iOS device. There’s similar things for laptops/PCs as well.

Regards,

Iain

Hi Iain,

Thanks. Yes I am able get to this display with my IP address shown. Like yours the IP address is displayed with a green tick. This state has been achieved again after a reboot of the router.

But after a day or two the tick becomes red and the app has trouble finding the inverter. I’m thinking that it is a wierd side effect of how the app tries to locate the inverter. Does the router start to intervene after too many attempts?

Cheers
John

Hi - sounds odd, I have my inverter with a fixed IP, not sure if that makes any difference.

regards,

Iain

Hi Iain,

How did you fix the IP address? Was this done using Inverter settings visible through the portal interface?

Cheers
John

Hi,

I did that in the router, which is usually straightforward depending on which one you have.

Regards,

Iain

Hi Iain,

Did you do that by mapping the MAC address of the inverter to a fixed IP? Or did you do something else.

I have found that you can delve into Inverter and setting a fixed IP there.

Cheers
John

In most routers you can reserve an IP address for a specific thing.

The alternative is to give the device (where such config is available) a fixed IP address - but it would be best to allocate an IP address that is outside of what the router is dynamically offering.

E.g
If the router offers DHCP range 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.200
Use fixed IP address 192.168.1.201 onwards.

Hi - I just set it in the router itself, fairly straightforward in my FritzBox 7530, it has a setting which says “do you always want to use this address for this device?”, so just ticked that. The MAC address is there but not sure how devices are reserved using those.

Regards,

Iain

1 Like

This continues to be a problem. Thanks to all the suggestions about fixing the IP address of the inverter. If I can find a MAC address for Inverter then I will investigate adding it to table in the router.

It would be interesting to see if thsi makes any difference. My feeling is that the problem lies with the router. When phone/tablet cannot find the inverter, the problem is cleared by rebooting the router. Again when the inverter cannot be found, a Ping test fails. This is very odd and Pinging an IP address is a network fundamental.

I know that this is a small thing, but it is very annoying.

Cheers
John

Hi all. I read with interest comments about app ‘showing no local inverters found ‘ I get this a lot despite having the ip address of the inverter on my app ‘manual search, as well as set on my router . Generally once the inverter goes to sleep at night lack of communication is perhaps expected but during the day sometimes if I have been away from house for some hours the communication may not happen on my return despite connecting previously. Otherwise communication nay be fine for days and then randomly just not connect. There seems no specific situations or reason for this but it is one just to live with. Thank goodness so far my setup seems to be working as intended though every firmware update one expects trouble but so far ok .