Self commissioning

Morning all,
I’m self commissioning a gen2 inverter and 4 x Gen 1 2.6kw batteries.
All is correctly installed and connected, but for the life of me I can’t get the batteries to be detected by the inverter.

I’ve tried all of this:
Inverter terminals on battery > BMS port on Inverter.
RJ45 in Inverter, Orange/white + orange -, to inverter plug on battery.
Battery address set to 0000.
I’ve tried continuity on the cable, confirmed that its the left two connectors on the RJ45 (when pins are on the top).
Tried two batteries.
Tried swaping + - in case.
Tested with a multimeter and can see voltage on the cable from the inverter.

I’ve even signed up as an installer, but it looks like I can’t get to the point of commissioning..argh!!

Thanks/help!

Also, has anyone got the discord invite?

Thanks!

If you just want the problem sorted out for you, can recommend these guys: https://solar-tech-support.co.uk

They will most likely have it done remotely inside an hour once they know exactly what the issue is, for £100.