Firmware update Do.205-Ao.205 plus battery 3017

hi thursdat afternoon did the above firmware update,now my battery wont discharge to any amount over 100 w and and in house demand comes from grid even with 100% battery. Any sugestions as the system was working okay before ( but with small amounts of grid input when battery was available).

Exact same problem here. Updated firmware on Thursday, since then our 9.5 kWh battery won’t discharge at anything above 108 W, and power is pulled from the grid and not the battery. Tried reseting the battery but nothing changed. Wrote to the Givenergy support email yesterday and hope to get a response soon. In the mean time, any advice would be welcome.

hi,
looks like the engineer has applied another battery firmware overnight ,after he admited the existing thursday update had caused problems.
battery firmware now 3068.
battery did a full discharge this morning and is now charging back up from my solar array. my hybrid inverter is still the sam firmware. I had also noticed that since my new instalation in may/june this year i have been exporting and importing random amounts to the grid , now wheather these small amounts are to do with the alogorithms of the software i dont know, hopefully an answer from the engineer on monday.
For your information Jacob Smith at givenergy was the technical support.
tel. 01377 252874.
no indication yet on their website as to what the new firmware revision has changed. But fingers crossed and at the moment things are back to pre thursday operation.
ps i also should add that after the thursday update a full battery recalibration (discharge / re charge) should have taken place,this didnt happen in my case.
anything else ,please dont hesitate.
cheers.

I too have the same issue…

Batteries 100% full…

And it’s using 4.4KW from the mains !! ( I have just turned on loads of stuff to check if I have the issue )

I have emailed the helpdesk for them to look into it.

hi , possibly same as above.
hopefully fixed soon , but very concerning!
cheers.

Hi buzzing,
In my case the battery also didn’t run a calibration after the update, so this all sounds very similar. Thanks for the support contact details, that should make life a lot easier.
Cheers, F.

Mine is refusing to update. If it doesn’t do it tonight (Just trying again now) I shall put the firmware on the memory stick in the battery and do it that way. Hopefully that will work!

hi mon ami,
i asume you mean that the firmware update within the desktop wont work ?
or has it failed.
the guys at givenergy can acess remotley and force it if need be.
i would possibly try that first as oposed to opening the battery, as the tech staff would like to see what was happening first.
up to you ,
cheers

It fails. Gets to 90%, sits there for ages (2 hours, or there abouts there is a notification to say so) I did get the option to download the firmware, which I did - but haven’t yet opened the battery up - I’ve done it on pretty much every battery firmware update so far.

Correct… I started it around 9am yesterday as normally it does a full charge and discharge - and it was sunny.

But nothing it just carried on as normal… but the firmware update does say :

“3. Modify the speed of Dynamic SOC calibration (test and compare the calibrated speed)”

Whats annoying is that you cannot start an SOC yourself !!

hi
i take it you have a very good wifi conection,with the inverter and battery?
i say that because i had to put a network booster in my garage(thats where the instalation is) because i kept loosing conection. i also had to hard wire (lan cable) the car charger as this was causing loss of signal .
cheers

hi,i think soc (state of charge) and a battery recalibration are two different things. i admit not been able to force a battery recalibration is anoying, but its not something that should be done to often ,as the BMS (battery managrment software) takes care of the battery and the state of charge is all sorted internally. The problem comes when a firmware update is buggy and it changes parameters internally that the software engineers hadnt thaught about. They then have to go back and change settings manually.
Then because of the multiplicity of variations of instalation not one size fits all,
and we experience the compatibility problems.
So my system (so far) has calmed down a bit. its still randomly importing / exporting small amounts from grid and curently my battery is seeing my SOLIC solar water heater as a demand so is supplying power ,instead of it coming from the solar array.Also had to tell my battery to charge from grid by switching this facility off and back on again in the app. Was rather annoying at 1.30 am . thats when i notticed battery wasnt charging on off peak.
hopefully some input from engineers today.
cheers

I had the same problem and contacted Givenergy support. They emailed to say they can see an issue and will send an engineer round to fix the problem, without actually telling me what is wrong. Apparently they are fully booked for the next 2 weeks, so I don’t have a date for an engineers visit and will have to live with this for a while. They didn’t give me an option to manually update the battery firmware.

hi
like i said earlier, the firmware update they applied isnt available on the web site, probably beta ware. so they wouldnt offer it as a customer self update.
also as i also said its still buggy. thats not to say that we have the same solution ,to the same problem , as equipment specs may well be different.
but reading between the line it sound like the update has caused a few headaches.
hopefully sorted soon.
cheers

just opened web portal and they have tweeked that as well.
onwards.
cheers

hey ho here we go again , battery only supplying 100w , drawing from grid.
what a wonderful system Givenergy have.
okay engineers, short term fix now FUBAR !
probably have to wait 2 weeks like yourself.
must keep a running tally of exess grid power , for COMPO from Givenergy.
wonder if they are having a stand at NEC (biggest solar/battery show),
might get some answers their.
cheers

Hello,
I have had the near exact issue - Upgraded to D0.309-A0.309 Thursday 1st Aug, noticed a few days later that the battery wasn’t discharging more than 183W, no matter what the load was (I noticed this on the 4th Aug) Had a look around the system to see if I could spot anything.
Anyway spoke with Tech help Tuesday morning 6th Aug, he had a poke around and also issue the 3017 battery update to see if that would resolve it. - It didn’t, I then got an email telling me that a site visit is required, but they are fully booked for 2 weeks… So from the 6th → 16th I waited patiently whilst now paying octopus everyday much more than usual due to the fact that I am often consuming from the grid instead of the battery. I rang them on 16th explaining that the 2 week wait is acceptable as long as they give me a date for the site visit. BUT they wouldn’t/could’t give me a date. (Starting to feel disappointed with them now…) Anyway last night I decided to have a poke around again, and decided to cycle the “Battery Discharge Power” setting via the API:

024-08-19 20:11:11 You Battery Discharge Power Written Successfully 952 3600 3600 Portal - Remote Control
2024-08-19 20:09:27 You Battery Discharge Power Written Successfully 3600 952 952 Portal - Remote Control

and now it appears to be functioning as expected for the last 24hrs.
I will monitor and report back either way, but thought I would share and maybe it works for you???

Hi
Will try,
but, why, my system had the beta software, okay for few days now FUBAR again.
why is the system altering it’s own parameters?
this is firmware, simple interface, but self changing?
I don’t think so, something wrong with the routines.
strange it needs an engineer visit.
Unless component change.
wonder why Givenergy aren’t being more open?
Cheers

Well for me - I reset all my values to default and then rebooted the system… and that seemed to fix it but… I also sent an email to the support desk and someone also logged in and made some changes.

I am now back to normal but I don’t know if it what I did or they did !!

This is my logs to show what happened.

The two entries associated with GivEnergy only look like they have queried (READ) the settings. So it may have been you cycling the settings that has kick started it.

I think I will send an email to support to encourage them to explain what is/has happened.