Welcome to GivEnergy Community Forum! 👋

We are so glad you joined us.

GivEnergy Community Forum

A place for GivEnergy customers to discuss features and ask for help.

Here are some things you can do to get started:

:speaking_head: Introduce yourself by adding your picture and information about yourself and your interests to your profile. What is one thing you’d like to be asked about?

:open_book: Get to know the community by browsing discussions that are already happening here. When you find a post interesting, informative, or entertaining, use the :heart: to show your appreciation or support!

:handshake: Contribute by commenting, sharing your own perspective, asking questions, or offering feedback in the discussion. Before replying or starting new topics, please review the Community Guidelines.

If you need help or have a suggestion, feel free to ask in #feedback or contact the admins.

Welcome everyone :grinning:

Good evening Dan Barker here. Based in sunny Surrey and slowly getting to grips with the EV charger. :slight_smile:

Morning Mark

I hope you like the format of the new Beta Testers forum, it’s a lot less clunky and I hope it makes it easier for you to provide us with feedback and ideas for improvements.

Michael

Morning Dan

I hope you like the format of the new Beta Testers forum, it’s a lot less clunky and I hope it makes it easier for you to provide us with feedback and ideas for improvements.

Michael

format will work a lot better than confluence

Hi
Bill16STN here, I’ve been bothering the hell out of Stuart Bradley (First Line Service Desk Engineer) on e’mail over the past couple of days. He’s very patient!

I’m looking at installing a system & am impressed with the GivEnergy offering, but I’m still trying to get my head around things - so please expect a lot of stoopid questions as I embark upon my Solar PV & Battery Storage journey.

What I want to achieve is:

3 areas of Solar PV using Viridian in roof.
Area A 12x 405 Wp Panels
Area B 5x 405 Wp Panels
Area C 5x 405 Wp Panels
I would propose to have each Panel fitted with its own Optimiser.
Have 2 Strings coming back to a Hybrid Inverter 5.0 Gen3
(String 1 being Area A & String 2 being Areas B & C)

Initially Battery Storage would be GIV BAT 9.5 - - another to be possibly added at a later date?

But What we really want is to have the ability to be able to cope with grid power cuts, so the GIV-Gateway looks really interesting, but from what I can see won’t work with the above?

Any comments or guidance would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance!

Similar to Bill16STN, I have lots of roof space on my bungalow for solar panels. I started getting quotes for a system in April and selected a 7.8kW array, Tesla Powerwall and 6kW inverter proposed by my installer. However, a few weeks ago we got back the connection offer from the DNO of 6.4kW export limit and an 8kW system value, meaning the total potential of grid connected equipment cannot exceed 8kW. As the Tesla Powerwall represents a 5kW AC connected device that restricted the inverter to 3kW. Somewhat limiting!

I’m now looking for a DC battery solution but I’m also thinking with more battery capacity I could increase my array size to, say, 12kW. The 8kW system value would not be exceeded if I used 2 x Hydrid Gen 3 3.6kW inverters (7.2kW, which roughly equals EV charger) plus 2 x Giv-Bat 9.5 and a Giv-Gateway. But would that work? Would it be easy to manage?

Hi,

Did you make a decision on the way you will be going on this?

So things are starting to settle down after my initial posting.

Going to be using the Viridian In-Roof Panels (405Wp) - didn’t realise just how big these are!:
East facing: 3x Panels
West facing: 6x Panels
South facing:2x Panels

All of the above with individual Enphase micro inverters feeding the Gateway & in turn a 13.5 kWh All in One (with space to add another, making an All in Two?)
I wish that GivEnergy would release details on this but nothing as yet.

I will be visiting Everything Electric at London Excell, so hopefully be able to find something out there.

All this work starts in about 2 weeks at the same time as the ASHP goes in!